Since I started this blog I’ve been doing the Deck Interview spread when I first get a deck. This time I’m going about it a different route with the Starchild Tarot: I’m going to go through the deck specific spreads starting with the Starseed spread. There’s 2 more, not sure when I’ll do them. I’ll try to resist turning this into a deck review ’cause I really want to break it in more first.
I didn’t have a question in mind when I did this spread (I hardly ever do, honestly). But it quickly brought to attention and let me focus a bit on something I’ve been stressing over, especially last night: living in an empty apartment (I’ll sum it up to that, it’s like a huge Thing that y’all won’t care about).
Play by Play
This deck kills my ability to read intuitively about 117% more that the Tarot of the Vampyres. So I relied completely on the book.
- King of Crystals is talking to me about hard work and that’s exactly the problem I’m having with the apartment issue.
- Queen of Wands is like a motivational speaker telling me I can do anything. Cool, so I got this, right? Yeah!
- Page of Crystals backs up the Queen of wands. I can do this! I just need to set concrete plans, be focused and confident.
- Ten of Wands speaks all the truths. I feel overburden (I don’t think I actually am, I’m just so stressed out that I feel like I am). I need to accept help (yesterday I was telling online friends I need an ‘adult’) and prioritize (I’ve been trying really hard to do that and that’s what’s been stressing me the most) which is a nice reminder/validation.
- Five of Crystals totally kills the mood. WTF, 5ofC? Why you gotta do this to me? The book suggests the outcome is loss, worry, etc. Is it just talking about loss of sleep, or something bigger? It also mentions over-speculation. I mean I already feel like I’m experiencing the Outcome.
The fact that this spread is dominated by crystals makes sense I suppose. The matter at hand is about money and possessions.
Overall this isn’t really telling me anything new, per the usual for me. It seems like I’m the wrong person to be into tarot but really, it’s just so much fun and even though it doesn’t tell me anything new it still gives me something to think on and focus on.
I already feel a little less stressed out. Why? I don’t fucking know. I kind of get the same feeling I get after having a good conversation with a good friend. It calms me down a little and lets me breathe. It’s cathartic.
I especially like hopping on my blog here and typing it all up. It’s an excellent way to record readings and it’s part of the whole cathartic process.
Anyway I feel like I’ve already said all that before here a few times. If you read this, thanks! This spread is nifty, you should try it ❤